SOWING SEEDS 2018
INTERNATIONAL ARTIST VILLAGE RESIDENCY
It’s a great honor for us to invite visual and performing artists and art critics for the ‘Sowing Seeds Artist Village Residency’ in the most colorful State of India, which is known for its rich cultural tradition. The people themselves define the beautiful and varied aspects through different colors.
Visual artists, performing artists, art critics and local community will collaborate to create work about environment and social development in rural Rajasthan (INDIA). There will be opportunities for collaborative work that interacts with the rural environment.
“Sowing Seeds” is a project that intends to create dialogues and exchanges among artists beyond their national identity and serves as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, visions, and diverse views in order to create a deeper understanding of art. It acts as a social environment developing and improving the artistic impressions of experts as well as emerging artists. As an alternative art space in INDIA, “Sowing Seeds” is geared to exchange the challenges required to organize such a contemporary artist village residency within rural areas and thus giving rise to a new era in art.
The key to our Artist residency projects will be creating local community collaboration to create works related to environment and social development in the village of Rajasthan (INDIA)
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Rajasthan (INDIA).
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
Sowing seeds -2012 experience link: https://vimeo.com/115519346
* 27th February 2018 to 8th March 2018 [10-days]
Residency location: Kallron Ki Dhani -Village, Jaisalamer, Rajasthan (INDIA)
- Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics – Artists who are able to stay at village for the designated period of time
- Artists who are able to produce results of his or her residence activities, e.g. exhibitions, performances, concerts or presentations
- Artists who are able to communicate and collaborate with local people and participate in the exchange program,
How to apply
- Applicants should fill in all the required fields in the application form
- We will accept applications via e-mail email@example.com
- Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
- Applications must be received by 5th February 2018.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Applications will not be accepted if there is any deficiency or if required information is missing.
Application Download : link blow
- Results will be announced in the beginning of 10th February 2018.
- All successful applicants Artists list publish on web page. kamanartfoundation.in
Applications & inquiries should be addressed to
KAMAN ART FOUNDATION
NEAR RAM GADI, KAGA AREA
PIN CODE 342001
MOBILE NO , +91_9829364499, +91-9314722004,+91-9892672877
Organizer host By
open call, artist residency, village residency, international artist residency, jaisalmer art, rajasthan india,